Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog ***** *****, who is pit mix, is drooling excessively

Customer Question

Customer: My dog ***** *****, who is pit bull mix, is drooling excessively and somewhat restless. He is also burping more often than usual.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: LoL, My name is***** dog is ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your Pit Bull X's symptoms all indicate gastrointestinal distress but not the etiology of that distress. Can you think of anything he may have ingested that might have brought this on? How old is he? Does he have a predilection for chewing on or ingesting non-food items? Conservative therapy for addressing the nausea and discomfort of gastroesophageal reflux (acid reflux, GERD, heartburn) involves the dosing of an over the counter antacid such as famotidine (Pepcid) at a dose of 0.25 mg/lb and repeated in 12 hours if necessary.

Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.