Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

I I am ***** ***** and I need gentizol dog ear
, she

Customer Question

Customer: I I am ***** ***** and I need gentizol for my dog ear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she gets infection in her sometimes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like she may have an ear infection? How long has this been going on for? Are her ears very red/painful? Does she have discharge in them?

Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately on this service, we cannot legally write prescriptions, as we have never seen your pet in person and done an exam. Gentizol is a prescription medication, and so we cannot prescribe it to your dog. If your dog's ear infection is mild, there are some over the counter options online that we find help in some cases. One of these is called Zymox Otic HC. It has medication that will decrease inflammation in the ear and an Enzymatic solution that helps to kill bacteria and yeast. Here is the link to that medicaiton: http://www.amazon.com/Pet-King-Enzymatic-Solution-Ounces/dp/B0025YOJXS

If your pets ears are very red/inflammed/painful, then this medication may not be enough and you may need some oral steroids for a few days along with a prescription ear medication to care for her ears, which you will have to get from your vet.

Another product I would recommend if your dog gets frequent ear infections would be a good ear cleaner such as this: http://www.amazon.com/DECHRA-MalAcetic-Otic-Cleanser-oz/dp/B001FTXPO8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452977635&sr=8-2&keywords=malacetic+otic which will help remove debris from the ears prior to applying medication and then can be used weekly to try to prevent infection from recurring.

Here is an article with information on cleaning the ears: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1569

Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.. If you do not have any other questions, please take a moment to RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and good luck with your dog!