Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is having a hard time lifting her head and moving

Customer Question

Customer: my dog is having a hard time lifting her head and moving slowly. she was whining a little when she tried to scratch her ears.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she is moving around slowly. she likes her but scratched and she kind of leaned into my legs and slid back down to laying.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Which breed and how old is your dog, please? The symptoms you've mentioned are consistent with spinal - cervical (neck) in particular - pain which can arise from simple trauma, degenerative disk disease (a "slipped disk"), meningitis, or neoplasia.