Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has stopped eating and I 't know why. One day he was

Customer Question

My dog has stopped eating and I don't know why. One day he was fine and the next he was sick. Can you help me?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would try and help you....is your dog vomiting or having diarrhea or showing any other signs of illness?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Or is lack of appetite the only symptom?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I would not recommend putting aspirin in the yogurt since we don't really know what is wrong with your dog. But you can use some good quality yogurt to put in your dog's food each time you feed him. If he has noother symptoms then he may not be sick unless he is acting off. If he is not acting right or has other symptoms I would take him in to see your vet tomorrow to have an exam and some bloodwork. If his behavior is normal then you can just add yogurt to his food to give him to eat.

Some dogs will become especially picky if they have been fed anything outside of their normal diet and that can also put them off their food which is why I tell clients to never do that. So basically you have to figure out of he is acting sick and if he seems off at all then you should take him in to your vet. Please let me know if you have additional questions as I check my computer every night and will get back to you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Buster. How is everything going?
Dr B