Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has an upset stomach. In Europe, we treat is usually

Customer Question

Hi, my dog has an upset stomach. In Europe, we treat is usually with Aluminum Phosphate, but I cannot find an equivalent here. It's night and he suffers. Any idea which (human) medicine I could give him ? We have been up for hours, but the vet won't open for another 5 hours... Thanks!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 10 months ago.

Hello Alexander.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. I am aware that some owners use Pepto-Bismol to treat their dogs with gastro-enteritis and report success. Here is a link to a web page which has all the information you might need including dose rates : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Alexander,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his upset stomach...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.