Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I need some animax dog ***** *****. she is a pit and this

Customer Question

Customer: Becky and I need some animax for my dog ***** *****. she is a pit and this winter has had a chronic ear infection and allergies. As another person has indicated to go to the vet would cost over $100.00. I s there anything else I can do for my ***** *****?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As I indicated this winter (I live in San Diego, California) she has had itchy ears.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am willing wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Animax is a prescription medication, so you can't get it over the counter. If your vet has seen your dog recently, they may be willing to sell you some Animax or if you request it from an online pharmacy they will contact your veterinarian and if your vet approves it, it will be shipped to you.

Itching can be treated with supplements such as fish oil, nettles, probiotics, quercetin. You can try over the counter anti histamines such as Benadryl (25 mg per 25 pounds of body weight 2 to 3 times daily) or Claritin (5 mg for a medium dog, 10 mg for a large dog, once daily).

You can make an imitation of Animax by combining Neosporin with some Cortaid or other cortisone containing ointment. Not quite the same as Animax, but it may help.

Itchy ears can be caused by a food allergy, so trying a limited ingredient diet may help.

Let me know what other questions I can answer and how your dog is doing. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see my answer. Can I help with anything else?