Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our 7lb Yorkie is a healthy 5 yr old who just had s annual

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Our 7lb Yorkie is a healthy 5 yr old who just had his annual checkup.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Last night he woke me up to go out around midnight. An hour ago he had
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: blood in his stool but ate normally at breakfast
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, please, if your Yorkie's stool that had blood in it (hematochezia) was formed or diarrheic? Can you think of anything he may have ingested that might have irritated his GI tract? His eating normally this morning is a positive prognostic sign and his stools may normalize unaided within 36 hours.