Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My English Bulldog is very lethargic and drooling a lot.

Customer Question

My English Bulldog is very lethargic and drooling a lot. Just not acting like himself most of the time. What could be wrong?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Gus. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online.
Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pup hasn't been feeling well. I'll do my best to help.

Lethargy is a very very vague symptom in dogs, meaning that it can be caused by just about anything. It's kind of like me saying "I just don't feel well" - that could be anything. The drooling is one symptom that can help you find the issue. Drooling can indicate nausea (which is usually accompanied by a decreased appetite or vomiting). It can also indicate an oral problem like a bad tooth, a wound in the mouth, or a foreign object in the mouth. Since there are so many different things that could be going on, you're likely to need to take him in to the vet for a full physical examination if you can't tell what's happening at home. If you've got any other ideas on what might be happening or further info please let me know

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)