Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think my 2yr old yorkie, Venus, had a seizure but I'm not

Customer Question

I think my 2yr old yorkie, Venus, had a seizure but I'm not sure. I was holding her then I put her down to walk and she began to kneel down, screaming, shaking her head, and backing up all while in this position. I wasn't sure if I had put her down too hard and she hit her mouth or hurt her arms. But when I picked her up, she seemed as if she was about to fall asleep. So then I started rubbing and talking to her and she seemed to "snap" out of it and acted as if nothing had happened. I put her back down to let her out to potty and she was wagging her tail and acting normal. However, every time our other yorkie passes by the place where Venus had her incident, she stops and sniffs there as if she can smell something there.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did she express her anal glands when this happened?

2- Is this the first time it happens?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?