Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

I gave my dog a little soup. Mushroom purée. He was fine but

Customer Question

I gave my dog a little soup. Mushroom purée. He was fine but is painting heavily and is not moving much. He is a laid back dog but could this be a symptom of the soup?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Rufus is having trouble this evening. Did the soup have a lot of cream or butter in it? How about heavy spices such as peppers or garlic?

For tonight, I would recommend giving him Pepcid. The dose is about 0.5mg per pound of body weight, so a 10# ***** would take 5mg.

If he is still off in the morning, I would recommend taking him to see your regular vet for more treatments.

Does this help? Do you have any more questions?

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Rufus this evening? Is his stomach back to normal? Did you end up taking him to your vet today? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. A