Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

DShih Tzu has been like coakinh and throwing up like mucus,

Customer Question

Customer: DShih Tzu has been like coakinh and throwing up like mucus, statted last friday thought she had something stuck in her throat, after a hour or so she seemed ok, has eaten dinner the last 3 days all OK , an hur ago put dinner out and she started like cough choke and threu up several times , no food in throw up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sshe started with this fri , 3 days ago, have no idea what started it, she was coaking , gaging , looked in her mouth for something, nothing their. later we though she had a treat, stuck that she had several hours eariler. called vet to take her in and 1 hour later she seemed fine. now 3 days later she has started throwing up this mucus white slime just in several places and just once. dinner on the floor is not eating. was fine sat and sunday. she is on antibiotics for the itch all over and also a allergy pill every day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes been waiting .
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is she?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Any other symptoms?