Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My name is ***** *****. Can my recued dog take remedys like

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** *****. Can my recued dog take remedys like hylands calm for kids?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ruby was adopted 2 years ago from a rescue that obtained dogs from a breeding facility that should be shut down. She is good in our household , although barks at "normal" noises like garbage trucks, snow plows etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.Hates meeting people and will sometimes act aggressive towards guest in our house, gets along fabulously with her canine family here but terrified of new situations.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, you could use this for her but since it is not designed for dogs there are no dosing guidelines established. Therefore, it would be ideal to instead use a dog specific calming agent. That would be safer and more effective. Common ones we use include Kalmaid or Zylkene. As well, Adaptil (which comes in a collar preparation) or Composure treats (great for positive reinforcement in new situations) could be of benefit. And I would note all are available over the counter at vets, pet stores, and even online (ie Amazon).

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )