Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate about 50 all natural allergy medicine tablets.

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Please give me the full name of this product and I will check out the ingredients.

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The medicine was clear life allergy relief

Hello again Aly

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Clear Life Allergy Relief is a homeopathic remedy and like all homeopathic meds it has a extremely high margin of safety in the dog because the mode of action is that the active ingredients are only present in very tiny amounts because of the serial dilutions involved in the homoeopathic process. So much so that the even with a dose of fifty tablets or more your dog is at no risk in terms of toxicity.

2. However the inactive ingredients which are present as a vehicle to deliver the active elements, { Lactose, Magnesium Stearate } in this case might cause a mild transient bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea but that's about it. The chances are your dog will be just fine ...

3. However if any odd symptoms should arise or if you become further concerned then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay. But this would be very unlikely in my experience.

4. You can follow this link for the ingredient list for clear life allergy relief { Link is under the image of the pill bottle } : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the allergy meds ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 10 months ago.
Hi Aly,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Alyssa Patrick. How is everything going?