Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog ate some poinsettia leaves this afternoon. He seems

Customer Question

My dog ate some poinsettia leaves this afternoon. He seems fine and has been for a walk, eaten kibble, and drunk water. He is a setter mix, recently rescued, and supposedly 12 years old. He is in good health and quite strong.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. That is good that Domino is acting fine at this time. The good news is that poinsettia toxicity is generally over-rated. In large enough amounts, it can cause oral irritation to mouth and stomach which may cause drooling, vomiting, or nausea. Signs are typically mild and self-limiting. At this point if he's acting normal, then there seems to be a good chance that no issues will come about from this.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Domino. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Domino is just fine and the poinsettia leaves did not seem to bother him at all.
I never did see you response to my email.
George

I'm glad to hear that Domino is doing well at this time! I'm sorry that there was some issue with seeing my first response. Hopefully he continues to do great! Let me know if any other questions have come up. Take care!