Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 9 year old Matli-Poo has had a fatty tumor a while now.

Customer Question

My 9 year old Matli-Poo has had a fatty tumor for quite a while now. This morning she came out from under the bed the top layer of skin had been scrapped off and I could see the the fatty deposits inside. The skin is had been pushed to the side. I cleaned it throughly with Bactine and sterile gauze. The margin of the tumor extend well outward of the exposed area. What is your advice to care for it until I can get her in to see her vet first thing in the morning or do I need to do an emergency hospital visit ..it is no longer bleeding and doesn't seem to hurt her. Thanks!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If it isn't bleeding and isn't painful, then we can all breathe a sigh of relief here. You have done right to clean it and bandage the area. We'd want to keep that in place (we can re-clean/re-bandage every 12 hours) and plan to have her see her vet first thing tomorrow morning. In fact, I would even plan to withhold all food after dinner on Sunday night (water can stay down) to ensure she has an empty stomach when seeing her vet on Monday. That way they can take her to surgically remove (ideal), debulk (remove as much as they can) or at least close the area as soon as she presents. But otherwise you have done everything spot on here and we'd not need to rush her to the ER if you can continue first aid, she is comfortable and this isn't actively bleeding.

Best wishes for Daisy,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?
nekovet