Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. How long has she had the rash? How much does she weigh? Did she eat her normal amount of food today?
Ok thank you, ***** ***** is most likely due to an allergic reaction. In dogs, the allergens go on the skin and then through the skin to cause an allergic reaction.
To start I would give her a bath in a gentle or oatmeal shampoo to wash the allergens off.
I would also give her 40 mg of Benadryl every 12 hours. Buy the 25 mg tablets and give her 1 1/2 tablets every 12 hours until the rash is gone.
If she is still not eating well by tomorrow morning then she needs to see the vet.
See if she will eat some plain cooked chicken and rice. That is easier to digest than dog food.
To post the pic on here use the "paper clip" icon. I am not sure it will change my plan but I would like to see it.
It looks like a paperclip. If you click on it, it says "attachments."
I looked at it and I would still do the 40 mg of benadryl every 12 hours and a good bath.
You can also apply over the counter hydrocortisone cream, or spray, to the area 2-3 times a day. It is not toxic if she licks it.
My pleasure ; )