Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Are you available to chat?
, we have 12yr old basenji

Customer Question

Customer: Hi are you available to chat?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have 12yr old basenji that was very agile until few days ago. he became less active and appetite is reduced although he was eating regular portion, just slower and going to bathroom w/o problem. until this morning he urinated at home which never happens, he can not walk, and had a bowel movement while laying down. right now he is dripping blood from his rear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes that is finre
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your Basenji. He appears to have collapsed and gone into shock as evidenced by fecal incontinence and intestinal bleeding. He needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. Please give me an update on him or let me know if you already brought him to a vet.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your answer. Our dog has died yesterday afternoon.

My condolences for your loss. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for understanding.

You're welcome.