DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I believe that my Bichon Friese has a bladder infection.

Customer Question

I believe that my Bichon Friese has a bladder infection. Frequent urination--4 to 6 stops to urinate on a short walk. Is there anything I can do until I see the vet on Monday. I do have the purple pills for people that changes the color of urine. Please help.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. I'm sorry to hear that your little dog isn't feeling well. Frequent urination certainly can be a sign of a bladder infection. The only thing you can do at home to help your dog is to ensure that she has access to as much water as she needs. Because she has to urinate mor frequently, she needs to keep up her water intake to stay hydrated. Do not give any human medications. These are not safe for the dog. Get in to see your vet on Monday. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
DrMelJ