Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 5 ½ year old Bullmatian has chronic skin issues on feet

Customer Question

Customer: My 5 ½ year old Bullmatian has chronic skin issues on feet and mouth. Now he has one sore toe and what appears to be fungus in his groin. I cleaned with Hibiclense and was wondering if quadritop would help these sores?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has skin problems his whole life. He was found starving to death in Brooklyn when he was a young dog.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now the Quadritop ointment is a good broad spectrum treatment for both bacteria and fungal agents. It contains nystatin, neomycin sulfate, thiostrepton and triamcinolone acetonide. That said while the nystatin can certainly help with fungal concerns (yeast or ringworm), the steroid in it could potentially slow or counter its effects. Therefore, you can try this but if you find it not settling as it should, you may alternatively need to consider using an OTC anti-fungal (ie Miconazole, Clotrimazole) without a steroid in it to get this settled for him. Or if very diffuse, then we may find systemic/oral anti-fungals from his vet another option to consider.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )