Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

On her back leg is a red circle sore she keep licking it

Customer Question

on her back leg is a red circle sore she keep licking it size of finger tip
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Pebbles has a sore on her skin. Can you send a picture of the sore on her skin? You can attach it to this conversation with the paperclip button at the top of your typing box.

Sores on the skin can be due to many different things, including infections, insect bites and tumors.

Cortisone cream is a good first step, as is combining it with a triple antibiotic such as neosporin. You may also consider putting an e-collar on her so that she cannot reach the sore.

Please send a picture so that we can come up with a plan for Dora Mae this evening.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda