Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!With this ingestion, you may see symptoms which can include
It is great you are not seeing any symptoms but if you do see muscle tremors, vomiting that is not subsiding, or hyper excitability then please consider a veterinary er because these can be issues with chocolate toxicity. But if you see gi upset only then this should pass within the next 24 hoursTypically chocolate toxicity symptoms peak at 4-6 hours so if you pass this mark without symptoms then he should be just fine but taking a few precautions tonight:- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg per pound every 12 hours for 3 days- Leash walks to help the chocolate pass more readily of >15 minutes- Tomorrow bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken in small more frequent meals but waiting at least 12 hours after vomiting has subsided if he shows this symptomI hope this information makes sense but please let me know who else I can assist you both today. I am online another 15 minutes to assist you bothIf you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Pierre doing this morning? I would love an update!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I will be online intermittently this morning but will be able to respond by this afternoon if needed
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!