Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been very lethargic a week. He is still eating

Customer Question

My dog has been very lethargic for about a week. He is still eating but not drinking much water. He seems to have some sensitivity on his stomach and sides. He was at a Petsmart Pet Hotel for a couple of days before this. He is all caught up on shots. Could he maybe have just been playing too rough and is sore? Could he maybe have a cold or flu? Is it even possible for dogs to get colds and flu? I haven't taken him to his vet yet because they are a hour and a half from our house. I just want some info. first.
Thanks, *****
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is Merlin on any medications currently? Any nasal discharge or any coughing noted? Does he seem warm to the touch?