Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog Junior is a 10 year old golden retriever....he has for

Customer Question

My dog Junior is a 10 year old golden retriever....he has for weeks been lethargic and not voluntarily eating and listless. we took him to the vet and after 775.00 and some blood work done they still dont have any answers to the problem....I have been giving him some high calorie chicken paste and pedialite in a plastic syringe for a few weeks now and he is starting to have black stool for a week.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.
Can you upload a copy of Junior's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com. When diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests haven't revealed anything untoward, imaging in the form of X-rays and ultrasound should be considered. Unfortunately, a 10 year old Golden is at considerable risk for neoplasia (cancer) which may or may not be indicated in blood work.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will send my husband over to the vets office for the results and i will scan them to you later today or tomorrow....thanks

Bonnie

Thanks, Bonnie. I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't. I'll watch for your next post.