Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
Spiriva capsules are not well absorbed when ingested. We can potentially see electrolyte abnormalities (low potassium, low phosphorous). If you see any restlessness, vomiting or muscle tremors, then I would get her to a vet for bloodwork and likely IV fluids to correct the abnormalities. This can usually be done over 12-24 hours.
If you don't see any signs in the next 4-6 hours, then you're not likely to have any issues. We see much worse signs when albuterol inhalers are bit into as opposed to these capsules ingested.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Sorry, I got called away for an emergency.
If she is able to rest and sleep, then there would be no concern for toxicity. A toxicity would prevent that.