Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Our dog yelps or you could call it a scream when we touch

Customer Question

Our dog yelps or you could call it a scream when we touch her or when she jumps off the furniture.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. What you are describing is most concerning for a back problem. I would suggest that you keep your dog as still as possible until you can get her into your vet for an examination. Your vet should start with a thorough exam and then take xrays of the back if necessary. Typically non steroidal drugs and muscle relaxants will be prescribed to treat this. Cold laser can also benefit these patients tremendously.

Just make sure not to allow her to do anymore jumping until she can be seen by your vet as she could really cause neurological damage if this turns out to be back problem.

I hope this helps you but let me know if you need additional help as I check my computer each night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

If you have additional questions leave them here and I will get back to you. I have very long day tomorrow so will be late tomorrow night before I can get back to you. Most Sincerely, DRB