Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog was said to have leptospirosis without a blood test

Customer Question

my dog was said to have leptospirosis without a blood test he is not drinking water has no appetite but ate some canned food by force but has not defecated. he cryes like his body is sore and his abdomen and feet are swollen. his legs appear to be red up to the knee and he has labored breathing at times can you put me on the right track or give me a idea of what is wrong please help me
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked a question before can you reply via email not phone asap please
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would recommend that you have your dog taken to a specialist as soon as possible. I can offer to help you find a specialist. I would need to know which Island you are on.....and I could help you locate a specialist. The reason you were likely told your dog has leptospirosis is because it is endemic in Hawaii. It also has certain bloodwork abnormalities with it. Your dog sounds very very sick and there is not going to be anything that can be done at home. Please let me know where you are located and I will help you find a specialist. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Did you still want a phone call? If you do that is fine but I will opt out and allow another expert to help you as I cannot do phone calls due to my states laws. Let me know. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Since I am not hearing from you I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Did you still need help with your dog?