Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My very small chihuahua's broken leg
, She is under 3

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my very small chihuahua's broken leg
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is under 3 pounds and full grown. She was stepped on and her leg was broken basically in half (front right). They wanted to put pins in it and they said they couldn't do the surgery because she was too small. Today they said they don't think it's going to heal and are wanting to amputate.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for the question.

Do you know what bone is broken? Is it the humerus (upper arm bone), radius/ ulna (forearm bones) or metacarpals (hand bones)?

Do you have x-rays I could look at?