Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 17lb dog just nabbed my 60lb dogs rimadyl dose, which was

Customer Question

Customer: My 17lb dog just nabbed my 60lb dogs rimadyl dose, which was approx 50 mg. Will she be ok? I just fed her in hopes of diluting the effects
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no gave it to my big dog she spit it out and my little dog got it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no thx anyway
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, a single dose of 50mg of Rimadyl to a 17 lbs dog will not be toxic, she will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter