Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Siberian husky. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Can you give me a guess of how many Reese's miniatures that he ate? We can try to guess how much chocoloate he ate, so I can calculate if it was a dangerous dose or not. Or you could just induce vomiting by getting him to drink 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream.
A Reese's would be mostly sugar, peanut butter, etc. The amount of actual chocolate is small. How much does he weigh? If he is 60 pounds he would have to eat 6 oz of milk chocolate (and there is more fat, sugar, etc. in a peanut butter cup than milk chocolate) to show signs like vomiting and diarrhea and 15 oz of milk chocolate to show more serious signs of rapid heart rate and tremors. If you can give me his weight and tell me about how many Reese's he may have gotten, then I can let you know if it is serious or not.
I hope you were able to see my answer. How is he doing? Can I help with or answer anything else?
How is your Husky today?