Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My puppy fell down the stairs he seems to be hurt crying a

Customer Question

My puppy fell down the stairs he seems to be hurt crying a little and his breathing is slower i dont know whatvto do? I dont have money for this it may cost a lot would u know how much it would cost to take him there
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm so sorry to hear that your pup had a fall. Is he still seeming sore and painful? Sometimes they bounce back and are right as rain within hours, but other times, say if they fractured a limb, they will definitely need veterinary care. Keep him confined and keep him from moving about too much until he either walks it off or you make the decision to have him examined. If he's definitely very painful and it's not improving or he's unable to bear weight on one of his legs, then he really should be examined by a vet to make sure that he's OK.

You asked, "would u know how much it would cost to take him there" but I'm not sure to where you are referring. The best way to find out is to call the veterinary clinic that you want to visit and talk to their staff. Fees for exams (especially urgent care or emergency) and things like X-rays (if needed) can vary widely. It may be that he doesn't need an X-ray, but the vet needs to examine him first to know whether that's the case.

I hope that he's feeling better - please let me know what other questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)