Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 27 lb. Cocker woke up shivering badly, and has thrown up

Customer Question

My 27 lb. Cocker woke up shivering badly, and has thrown up twice. His eaars are warm. He has the "hang dog" look of "mama I don't feel well." What do you advise. He's about 9 yrs.old,- a rescue.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about Winston's situation. It sounds like he's not feeling well at this time. Vomiting is a pretty open outward sign of potentially many things that could be causing it. Could it be due to eating something that isn't sitting well? Eating something that is stuck? Pancreatitis? Could it be due to some metabolic issue or kidney or liver issue? The list is pretty extensive. The best thing that you could honestly do at this time is to get him an appointment at your vet's office here today and have them check him over. They can use a physical exam and possibly some testing to find out what the cause is for the vomiting. Based on what they find, they can start up specific therapy for it. All you can really do at home is to pull up food and water for 6 hours to let his stomach rest and then start up small amounts of water and food at that time to see if things have resolved.