Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog continues to have an ongoing problem with over

Customer Question

My dog continues to have an ongoing problem with over excessive saliva with an infection. We have been treating her with antibiotics which seem to work for awhile but then, it reoccurs-sometimes even worse. Vet says also has inflamed lymph glands. Any thoughts? Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your post is puzzling. Can you please clarify "excessive saliva with an infection"? Your dog is hypersalivating because an infection has been identified and is causing the hypersalivation or is an infection being hypothesized? Inflamed lymph glands (lymphadenopathy) can arise secondary to systemic infections, immune-mediated disorders, and lymphoma. Where is the lymphadenopathy noted - around the jaw, neck, throughout her body? Have diagnostics been performed? If so, can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com.