Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Ix my name. The dog is a shitzu and Yorki. The only thing

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ix my name. The dog is a shitzu and Yorki. The only thing that I can attribute his condition to is I found a candy wrapper that I know he ate some . it was Reeses Pieses although I don't know how much he ate.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The dogs reaction is sort of like a hiccup but doesnt make any noise when he does it. He was out side in the cold yesterday for a hour or so . He seems to be afraid of things, He will get up guickly like he wants to run and then seeks our comfort. He ate some buttered bread in small piedces and made the same hiccup whe he swallowed and he is sad.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Was the candy chocolate or have xylitol?

Has he had any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly,does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Has he had any diarrhea?