Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

How much childrens Benadryl can I give my 5 lb Chihuahua

Customer Question

how much childrens Benadryl can I give my 5 lb Chihuahua
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 months ago.

Hello Opal,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
never mind I will wait for your reply ...

Hello again Shelbi

No problem about the phone call, I have already worked out an answer for you ...

1. Benadryl is used frequently in the dog where allergic reactions are suspected and it also has sedative qualities in the dog, a typical dose rate would be 1 mg per pound of your dog's bodyweight given orally twice a day. { Thus 5 mg in your case }

Where I give clients information about drugs or dose rates I like to supply a link so that they can check the accuracy of the advice I have given and read contraindications etc. : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Benadryl dose ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sweetp. How is everything going?