Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My little pomeranian/chihuahua died in my arms yesterday. I

Customer Question

Customer: My little pomeranian/chihuahua died in my arms yesterday. I am at a total loss. She has always been a bit overweight but this was totally unexpected. The only advance sign she had was that on Thurs at lunchtime she peed what looked like orangeish pee. By yesterday morning she was unable to walk and her breathing became slightly laboured and faster than normal when she was awake but fine as she slept. I was able to give her water by syringe and she took it happily. And then she was gone. OMG I can't believe my little gal is gone. She was only 10 years old
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't understand what happened.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. I'm very, very sorry to hear about your loss of this girl. It is never easy to suddenly lose one and not have an answer. In this situation, the orangish urine may be an indication of why she passed. Was she having any vomiting? When she was unable to walk, was she physically just to weak to do so or was she trying to and just not able to be coordinated to do it?