Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My dog refuses to eat he is not energetic and s eyes are

Customer Question

my dog refuses to eat he is not energetic and his eyes are full of something green.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for the question.

It sounds like your dog is pretty dehydrated. Dehydration leads to a more viscous tear solution. This gets sticky or hard and then turns to a crust. We see it a lot in dogs that are clinically dehydrated. The cause of the inappetence and dehydration is going to be the hard part. It may be something infectious. It could be a metabolic disease. In a shar pei mix, it could be Shar Pei fever. There are a lot of possible causes.

I would start with an exam. They may be able to figure out the cause. If not, then some bloodwork would be the next step. That is to look for infectious and metabolic causes.

Let me know if you have any other question or other signs that I can help you work through.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sharpeixstuffy. How is everything going?