How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24421
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog at a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich he is a 8

Customer Question

My dog at a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich he is a 8 1/2 month old boerboel should I induce vomiting?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

No, there's nothing toxic in that sandwich and the amount of food is insignificant in a dog his size. There's no reason to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

He would need to ingest 0.55 grapes/lb of body weight for grape toxicity to arise...and this toxicity is idiosyncratic...most dogs aren't intoxicated by grapes.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.
Hi,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Michael Salkin