petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My dog has been vomiting days, she is not eating and is

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting for 2 days, she is not eating and is having a had time walking.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

I would be concerned by the behavior you describe only because it is going on now for almost a day without resolution. Vomiting is a vague sign that can be associated with simple things like dietary indiscretion to more serious things like intestinal obstruction or metabolic disorders. Even when dealing with a larger dog they can get significantly dehydrated quickly, if they doesn't start eating and drinking normally soon. I also tend to worry a little more about foreign body ingestion and obstructions in young dogs, who are more likely to eat things they shouldn't. Her difficulty walking could be due to abdominal pain or weakness.

If these signs are continuing, I would have her examined tonight at a veterinary ER service. The veterinarian may suggest xrays or fluid therapy. At the very least, they will be able to provide injectable medication to hopefully control the vomiting, as giving her anything orally will probably come right back up. There is really not much more that can be offered as home treatment until we can identify the cause of the vomiting.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

T

Expert:  petdrz replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Samantha. How is everything going?
Dr Z