Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can you tell me the usual procedure to put a staff to sleep

Customer Question

can you tell me the usual procedure to put a staff to sleep please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, euthanasia is quite a straight forward procedure. It is just an injection of euthanasia solution administered into the vein of the patient we are putting to sleep. This stops the heart and their breathing leading to a peaceful death. For stressed dogs or ease of administration of the drug, we may place a catheter into the vein beforehand. As well, for some cases, we will sedate prior to euthanasia. This is just to relax the dogs and so that they don't feel that intravenous injection when we are giving it.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

You are very welcome,

All the best,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. ** Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kevin,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Max. How is everything going?
nekovet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)