Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 5 week old shih tzu male pup that I adopted after

Customer Question

I have a 5 week old shih tzu male pup that I adopted after its mother dried up and was unable to feed the litter. We went to a local TSC tractor supply and got a small bottle an powdered milk and the cans of wet food they suggested! He refused the bottle an he rarely drinks water however eats the wet food fine! But every time he eats the wet food he has a dark colored diarrhea the size of the food he ate! He s playing fine with my female shih tzu who is 1 1/2 and he sleeps well an eats well but has had constant diarrhea for 5 days now! He breeder stated he was wormed an she gave him the 7/1 shot I'm very concerned about the diarrhea and I'm wondering if I need to add some soft food to the wet food as he's just getting his teeth????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Did the breeder tell you what he was wormed with? How long ago?