Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have a 5 1/2 year old Great Pyrennes who prolapsed about

Customer Question

We have a 5 1/2 year old Great Pyrennes who prolapsed about 4 years ago and vet charged us fix it when we had her neutered the next week (already was scheduled), but she left the vet still prolapsed. She has been doing fine with it until tonight when she raked a large sized hunk out. She's been bleeding a lot. I am a disabled veteran and we don't have a car. We live in Alton, Illinois. Need to find out where to get help. We only used the vet as I could scooter over with her, and with other pets had been fine. We never went back to them. I've done her shots, but this is beyond me. We are on a fixed income and don't have any savings. She is not asleep and is now licking. I think she did this when the gun shots started and she got scared. We've been keeping her calm with animal crackers, but I don't know if we should relax her with Tylenol. Jim Keith(###) ###-####
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Snuggles. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is it her vagina, or her colon that is prolapsed?

How long has it been prolapsed?

Tylenol is not really safe in dogs, and is not a relaxant in any case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Vagina. Prolapsed for 4 years as I put in initial note. She has stopped bleeding and acting as if nothing ever happened. My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry but I can't make calls for the website. I can only take questions in this format. I can opt out and you can wait for an expert who can make calls.