Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Major issues, Dr. ***** *****. My fur baby has diabetes and

Customer Question

Customer: Major issues, Dr. ***** *****. My fur baby has diabetes and is pooping blood.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's a poodle. approx 7-8 lbs diagnosed with diabetes and is processing quickly,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I am
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anyone here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here's more to the issue. He eats off and on and will always drink water. I test him two times/ day and give him 2 units of Novolin N. He has also developed cataracts in one eye and mild cataracts in the other. He's lost so much weight and think my little guy is dying right in front of me. I don't know what to do to help him...
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has his blood sugars been stable when checked or is he still poorly controlled?

What are you feeding?

How much blood have you seen in his diarrhea? A spoonful, more, or less?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?