Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog had distemper,rabies and Parvo vaccines today.tonight

Customer Question

My dog had distemper,rabies and Parvo vaccines today.tonight her gums and jaw are swollen. Is she going to be on k?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she having difficulty breathing?

2- How much does she weigh?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doesn't seem to be having hard time breathing.she weighs 64lb.

Friend, it sounds like she is having an allergic reaction. If you have access to ER vet I would have her checked tonight. If you don't have access to ER vet start her on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 3 tablets every 12 hours for the next 5 days. You can buy Benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy. Follow up with family veterinarian.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!