Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My miniature Schnauzer, TC, is 8 years now and has a large

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** miniature Schnauzer, TC, is 8 years now and has a large bump on his belly just below his rib cage. I've asked a couple of Vets about it, and they wern't concerned. But recently it has grown larger and very pronounced, and have noticed a new growth developing nexy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. (sorry my finger slipped on keyboard!) Small new growth is next to the orrigional. Neither seem to bother him, yet it would be impossible for him to lick or scratch the location. They do not seem painful to the touch or any manulipation. His apatite is very good but doesn't get a lot of exercise in winter months as he does not like the snow and, being a Senior, I don't get outside much. I do feed him meat and vegetables with very little "dog cereal". My Vet says his weight is good. I do worry about these growths being punctured by twigs, etc., as he is a determined hunter when we go out to the "hills". Thank you for your patients with an old Lady's ramblings!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I don't understand why your question lingered on the question list. Please contact***@******.*** if you're having a problem navigating the site.

Can you upload a photo of these bumps to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. I suspect that these bumps represent benign lipomas - fatty globs. Hernias are a consideration in that area but unlikely at 8 years of age.