Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

We have a boston terrier and he seems to be breathing very

Customer Question

we have a boston terrier and he seems to be breathing very rapidly
what is normal
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

A normal resting breathing rate in a dog would be 30 breaths in a minute. If Boe is breathing faster then this and especially if gums are pale/white (as opposed to nice and pink), then we'd be worried about a serious issue afoot (ie lung based, heart based, or secondary to anemia or pain). And in that case, we'd want to consider having him seen urgently if he is breathing faster then that to ensure we address this as quickly as possible for him.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via

http://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )