Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is 11 years old, Schuazuer, he has eaten in two days,

Customer Question

My dog is 11 years old, Schuazuer, he has eaten in two days, he tremble, and sleep on the cold bathroom tiles, or the shower. What do you think is wrong with him.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of sweet Kobie's age, these symptoms could be many things.

Most likely Kobie has suffered an injury to a disc in his back. This is very common in older schnauzers because of their conformation. Since Kobie does not have any digestive issues, this is the most likely cause for his pain. Since this is deep within the vertebrae, he will not show pain when you touch or palpate these areas. This can happen when Kobie jumps up or down on something or just moves the wrong way. The best thing you can do for now as long as you can get Kobie to eat something, even if you have to force feed him, is to give him aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will decrease the inflammation that is causing his pain seen by the trembling and anorexia and start to stabilize this disc. Do not allow him to jump on or off anything or even climb stairs to allow this disc to stabilize. It is best to have your vet examine Kobie to be sure that this is the case and that this treatment is appropriate.

I worry some that this behavior of sleeping on tiles may tell us that Kobie is running a fever which would indicate an infection. It will help to purchase a human rectal thermometer and take his temperature. 101-102 is normal and anything over 104 would indicate an infection that will have to be treated by your vet. I would also recommend that you have your vet run blood work to eb sure we have not missed something on your sweet Kobie.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This make a sense, will take Kobie to the vet.

Excellent...I hope he will be ok!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can I cancel this now, I do not want to pay $19.00 per month.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where do you cancel this I do not want to pay $19.00 per month.

You will have to contact customer service at***@******.***