Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

I have a 15 y/o dog that is suffering. The last time I took

Customer Question

I have a 15 y/o dog that is suffering. The last time I took her to the vet for treatment she got very upset. I want to put her down myself at home but don't know how. Can you give me any advice.
MARY
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your dog. Unfortunately there is not a way for you to safely and humanely euthanize your dog at home without the aid of a veterinarian. There are, however, often vets who are willing to do housecalls for euthanasias in situations like this. There are some vets who specialize in house calls, or your regular vets office may have vets willing to come out for calls such as this.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to a website with the names of some vets who offer this service. There are certainly more vets that are willing to do this service than are listed here, and if you do not see one in your area, your vet may assist you in finding someone.