Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has been vomiting and has had diarrhea. After

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting and has had diarrhea. After appearing to be on the mend, she chased her sister around the yard and was eating and drinking normally. However, she just began leaning on her left hip as if she can't get up. She will circle around a bit on her left hip. She manages to get up and walk around. She also has tremors for a couple of seconds in the lower 1/2 of her body. Front of her body appears fine. Is this an ER visit or wait until I go to the vet tomorrow?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

So sorry to hear Darla has injured herself! Can you please tell me where you would put her on the pain assessment form below?

http://www.csuanimalcancercenter.org/assets/files/csu_acute_pain_scale_canine.pdf

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Also do you have any pain medications at home previously prescribed for her, perhaps after a spay?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

The tremors unfortunately are an indication of pain and I would like to determine if this is warrants a veterinary er visit or can wait until tomorrow. I assume you are on the east coast and it is almost 4 pm? Your vet is already closed for the day?

If she is >2 on the pain assessment form, restless, unable to get comfortable then I would advise the er today or your local vet if they can fit you in the last hour of the day...

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, I truly hope she is feeling better soon

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another 30 minutes before exiting for a few hours but will return this evening to assist you if you respond while I am away...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am online tonight if I can be of any further assistance to you both...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Darla. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman