Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My fox terrier has developed what looks like dark spots

Customer Question

Customer: My fox terrier has developed what looks like dark spots around her face and neck, she does not have fleas. She also has a few raw spots on her shoulers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the spots actually look as though it is her hair changing colour but on closer inspection there is no hair in these spots She is 11 an getting a little tired but still loves a walk and playing with the younger dog who doesnt seem to be affected at all. This all seems to havve happened over the past two weeks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you confirm that they are spots on the skin and not something that can be brushed off?

Are they raised or part of the skin itself?

Are they itchy at all?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.