How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ola Barrett Your Own Question
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Ola Barrett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just got mouse poison at a friend's house. what do i

Customer Question

my dog just got mouse poison at a friend's house. what do i do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 11 months ago.

Hello I am Dr RB.. If it has been 1 hour or less since ingestion, you will need to induce vomiting right away by giving your dog hydrogen peroxide by mouth. Start with 2 teaspoons and repeat up until about 5-6 teapoons until he/she vomits. I would also go ahead and travel to your nearest emergency clinic for additional treatment. Induction of vomiting will decrease the amount of poison in the gastrointestinal tract but that which is already absorbed will need to be flushed out of the systems with intravenous fluids. Rodent poison cause death by causing blood clotting abnormalities and are dependent on Vitamin K dependent clotting factors which will also need to be supplemented by injections...

Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 11 months ago.

Just checking to see if your dog is feeling better? If you have other questions, let me know. If my advice helped you, please take a moment to give my response a positive rating? This insures that I receive compensation for my time and expertise..